Inter Milan 2-1 AC Milan, 11/3/2007

How will we do on Sunday? And BE HONEST.

• We'll emerge victorious.

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • We'll eke out a draw.

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • We'll lose a heartbreaker.

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Dann said:
nesta himself has said he is ready to play and he been putting in extra work in training, but the day he returned the physio said he needs 15 days and on sunday it will be 14 days so whos know but i reckon he will be in the squad.
Come on man, Inter will be out with a malice to damage our hopes for match against Bayern by injuring a few of ours too. Nesta is fragile and lacks match practice, its wise to let him rest.

Resting Henry too much got him 2 more injuries, Bhkuhah!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Spied a bit at Forza Inter forums and they posted pics where Cambiasso and Burdisso we're training therefore I believe they are ready. However in the post it was mentioned that Dacourt is injured...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazymilangrl said:
I cant say we'll lose...no matter how honest! it's inter against milan!
Amidst all the cheerleading, some reality is in order as well. Since the '05 Euroderby, we're 1-2 against them, the win being a slim 1-0 around this time last year. Less than six months ago we were getting reamed 4-1 and rebounded only when Materazzi was sent off. It's the likes of Crespo, Ibra and even Materazzi that will be our biggest concern. Inter are at the top right now because they have the manpower along with the benefit of a weak league (especially the latter).

So it's hard to feel overly optimistic about this encounter, but it'll be enough to drag me out of bed at 6am on Sunday morning anyway. :)

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
BMWTaylor said:
Okay, I want to see how many colorful variations of Ibra's last name we can think of. Post away. :)

that would be completely off-topic,but there you go:

ibrahimobiatch

ibrahimojerkovich

ibrahimopsychovich

ibrahimolooserovich,looser,lost to Milan at future derby. :D

Reaction score
GilaKaka said:
Today i had a bet with my "INTER :o (ADRIANO 10)" friend..

I hate inter a lot and he hates milan a lot..

So we agreed on if AC Milan win.. he has to wear AC Milan shirt in school for a week..

If Inter win.. i have to wear the disgusting blue and black shirt for a week :head:..

SO NO MATTER WHAT!! WE HAVE TO WIN..

LOL,but I'm sure that Milan will win and our players will never let us down

加油,Milan! Do you understand this,man? :cool:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
wanna score? this is how to do it...

--------------------Ronaldo-----------------------
----Seedorf--------Kaka--------------Gourcuff---
-------------Pirlo----------Gattuso----------------
----Jankulovski---Kaladze---Bonera----Oddo------
-------------------Dida-----------------------------

but knowing ancelotti we will prob go for

--------------Gilardino----Ronaldo-------------
----------------------kaka----------------------
-----seedorf------------------------gattuso-----
----------------------pirlo-----------------------
----Jankulovski---Kaladze---Bonera----Oddo------
-------------------Dida-----------------------------

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Dida; Oddo, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka; Ronaldo, Inzaghi

Ancelotti will probably stick to the same formation as we had against Celtic with Ambrosini/Seedorf in for another attacker and switch Inzaghi and Ronaldo around.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
BMWTaylor said:
Okay, I want to see how many colorful variations of Ibra's last name we can think of. Post away. :)
Ibra-He's a Bitch
Ibra-He Sucks Dick
I-Brought-Him-a-Fist (Yeah it sucks:tongue: )
Satan Ibra-He's My Bitch

Actual Zlatan quote At the press conference after the game against England. (2004):

Reporter: "You´ve got some scars in your face, Zlatan. What has happened?"
Zlatan: "Well...I don´t know...you´ll have to ask your wife about that":D

Rex

Reaction score
Believe me, Materazzi will be playing some shit dangerous tackles and clearly heating up the game. Set pieces come in, and all of sudden this Merdarazzi scores to take his team lead. Damn!!

--------------------------------

Gattuso have fair job to stubbing out Inter's game-plan, that is to say, Stankovic, the most in-form player supposed to get him marked tightly. In addtion to, Inter's anger of CL's exit would be nuancing the game. If we play smart and not get involved with their allegedly 'hard-fought' game, we may steal positive points in this case. Humiliating them hasn't been my thought earlier but it would be special for us to end (=clearly defeat) their domestic 'hegemony'.

Reaction score
MilanoMike said:
Ibra-He's a Bitch
Ibra-He Sucks Dick
Satan Ibra-He's My Bitch

Actual Zlatan quote At the press conference after the game against England. (2004):

I cant agree with you more,boy.

At first,when he transferred to Juventus,Ibra said he was a big fan of Juven.

But last summer,when he transferred to inter,he said he was a fan of Inter.

What a football bitch this fucking man is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And we also have to keep the Inter fans from rallying the team as well. Considering what's at stake, I have a feeling we're going to be particularly aggressive out of the gate on offense; in other words, let's repeat our performance vs. Celtic only with more balls going into the goal this time.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I can just seem some Inter lunatics start some shit. Especially with Ronaldo playing.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
RichyLin said:
I cant agree with you more,boy.

At first,when he transferred to Juventus,Ibra said he was a big fan of Juven.

But last summer,when he transferred to inter,he said he was a fan of Inter.

What a football bitch this fucking man is!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually no. He said he has always wanted to play in El Classico for either of the teams but his true favourite is Inter. And he said it minutes before joining Juventus. After the transfer every player puts in few good words about the club their in and tha's professialism but Ibra has always been Interista.

Reaction score
Jasper said:
Actually no. He said he has always wanted to play in El Classico for either of the teams but his true favourite is Inter. And he said it minutes before joining Juventus. After the transfer every player puts in few good words about the club their in and tha's professialism but Ibra has always been Interista.

Oh,I have made a mistake then.

But I really dislike his character.In my opinion,he lacks professional manner.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RichyLin said:
But I really dislike his character.In my opinion,he lacks professional manner.
Yeah. He's probably the cockyest player around.

Anyway found this:
13:00-13:45: friendly match between Inter and AC Milan's Pulcini (Under-11) teams. Is that where Christian plays?

Reaction score
Jasper said:
Yeah. He's probably the cockyest player around.

Anyway found this:
13:00-13:45: friendly match between Inter and AC Milan's Pulcini (Under-11) teams. Is that where Christian plays?

Yeah,Christian is ten years old now. :cool:

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Velez Mostar said:
I don't quite agree on all this, but you have some good points in your interesting post.

Bonera is crappy, he ain't Milan material - so I'd rather field Maldini - Simic in the heart of our defense. Jankulovski sucked during the last derby, but he's in fine form so he should be OK this time.
Oddo is like you said, our most reliable defender.

Maldini should play, his presence at the pitch is more then enough to strike fear into Inter's players and give some much needed confidence to our players. We'll need Il Capitano's experience if we want to stop the impressive Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
You think Bonera isn't Milan material, but you wanna start Simic?

PatoKaka

eLdiablo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Seedorf, Pato, Sneijder,Danny Alves, J.Moutinho, Berbatov, Aguero, Nesta
MilanoMike said:
Ibra-He's a Bitch
Ibra-He Sucks Dick
Satan Ibra-He's My Bitch

come on man.. u hate him just because he plays for inter.. look at how good he is doing theere.. if he came to milan every1 will love him

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
Good to be back on d forum after years of absence. I think we have the squad to dismantle Inter,they r still sulking from their disgraceful performance against valencia,with the likes of ronaldo, bonera,oddo in d squad we sure gonna kick their ass. Forza milan !

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Velez Mostar said:
Bonera is crappy, he ain't Milan material
What a moron.:o
If Bonera is crappy, and CLEARLY he has been our best player all year, then what does that make the rest of our squad? :o

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
If Bonera is crappy, and CLEARLY he has been our best player all year, then what does that make the rest of our squad? :o
He has not been the best player all year long. Only recently has he been picking up the scraps really well. Remember his Right Back adventures in Anderlecht that earned him the red card. Kaka, Dida, Jankulovski are players that have been playing really well all this long :o

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ORez said:
He has not been the best player all year long. Only recently has he been picking up the scraps really well. Remember his Right Back adventures in Anderlecht that earned him the red card. Kaka, Dida, Jankulovski are players that have been playing really well all this long :o
All year... hence after the Christmas break ;)
Kaka has been inconsistent all year... he has only been playing well the past few weeks. :o What you on about champ?

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
All year... hence after the Christmas break ;)
Kaka has been inconsistent all year... he has only been playing well the past few weeks. :o What you on about champ?
You forgot the group stage of the Champions League, mate?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
BMWTaylor said:
Amidst all the cheerleading, some reality is in order as well. :)
mhm... :rolleyes: reality is that you can never bet on fotball, anything can happen..milan can beat inter 6-0 :D , liverpool can score 3 goals in 10 mins against milan etc so it's really 50-50 :D and we can do it if we really believe in ourselved imo :) and well our only problem would be scoring imo :) hopefully nesta can play...

BMWTaylor said:
So it's hard to feel overly optimistic about this encounter, but it'll be enough to drag me out of bed at 6am on Sunday morning anyway. :)
of course..but still you're watching it right? meaning you havent really given up on milan...optimistic? :)
i'm optimistic, we're through in champions league and we have our players back (nesta and kaladze?)

btw a lil cheerleading doesnt hurt no one.. ;)

:devil2: GO MILAN, :devil2:

Reaction score
ORez said:

No no no,I dont think Dida has been playing very well this season.You know,his performance isnt very steady.He may play very well this match,but in the next game,he may make several stupid mistakes.
As for Bonera,it was wrong that Ancelotti asked him to play DR at the begging of this season.He has been playing well at his new position——DC.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Rex said:
Gattuso have fair job to stubbing out Inter's game-plan, that is to say, Stankovic, the most in-form player supposed to get him marked tightly. In addtion to, Inter's anger of CL's exit would be nuancing the game. If we play smart and not get involved with their allegedly 'hard-fought' game, we may steal positive points in this case. Humiliating them hasn't been my thought earlier but it would be special for us to end (=clearly defeat) their domestic 'hegemony'.
yes, I do think we have to treat Inter like any other opponent in our way for the 4th spot. Emotions we dwell in, but we have to focus on our objective, which is, getting some points. With Ambro + Gattuso in, we'll surely handle Stankovic + any other midfield threat Inter has. They may also assist the defense in taking care of Ibra. All in all, a quick look at how Valencia went about their business is in order ... + add the benefit of brilliance in Kaka' and Pirlo, and we've got a decent shot. A tight game at the back with quick breaks is the route to success IMO. Gila + Ronaldo should start.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah! This news is mine Rosanna :)

Adriano out of Milan derby Saturday 10 March, 2007

Adriano, Esteban Cambiasso and Patrick Vieira will not take part in tomorrow’s Derby della Madonnina.

“Adriano is out of action,” explained Coach Roberto Mancini. “He’s not in great shape and we prefer not to run any risks. We hope to have him back for next week.”

L’Imperatore has been struggling with a muscular problem for the past week and was expected to recover in time for either the midweek Champions League tie with Valencia or Sunday afternoon’s clash with Milan.

However, he has not been included in the 19-man squad announced by Mancini and will therefore be in the stands.

He is joined by Cambiasso, who has also failed to recover in time from a thigh strain, and Vieira continues treatment for a long-term knee injury.

It is therefore believed that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will partner ex-Milan striker Hernan Crespo upfront.

Nicolas Burdisso is included despite fracturing his nose in the Mestalla brawl on Tuesday, while Alvaro Recoba returns to the side. Douglas Maicon is suspended.

“The swelling around Nicolas’ eye has gone down and the nose is also better. He’s a fighter, he won’t pull back,” added Mancio.

Inter squad: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar Soares; 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Maxwell, 11 Fabio Grosso, 16 Nicolas Burdisso, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel, 77 Marco Andreolli; 5 Dejan Stankovic, 7 Luis Figo, 15 Olivier Dacourt, 21 Santiago Solari, 91 Mariano Gonzalez; 8 Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 18 Hernan Crespo, 20 Alvaro Recoba.

Channel 4

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
sandro hasen't made the squad.

MILAN SQUAD FOR DERBY
3/10/2007
These are the 22 players called up for the derby: GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari; DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Maldini, Oddo, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Dann said:
sandro hasen't made the squad.

MILAN SQUAD FOR DERBY
3/10/2007
These are the 22 players called up for the derby: GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari; DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Maldini, Oddo, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo
Neither has Kaladze.

I'd chose:
Dida
Oddo - Bonera - Maldini - Jankulovski
Gattuso - Ambrosini - Pirlo
Kaka
Ronaldo - Gilardino or Inzaghi

Schedule