Inter Milan 2-1 AC Milan, 11/3/2007

How will we do on Sunday? And BE HONEST.

• We'll emerge victorious.

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • We'll eke out a draw.

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • We'll lose a heartbreaker.

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
JUANES said:
hey everybody, i just got out from my job and now im in the university...jejje
how are the preparations for the derby?
maldini says he believes in the champions league final and the derby victory?
JEJE HEY IM DOING RIGHT NOW AND AMORTIZATION TABLE..IM IN THE SUBJECT CALLED "FINANCIAL DIRECTION" AND THAT IS FOR MY MASTER DEGREE IN LOGISTICS AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE
JEJE...VIVA AC MILAN
QUIERES HABLAR ESPAÑOL? WANNA SPEAK SPANISH
BACK ON TOPIC
IS MATERAZZI SUSPENDED FOR THE DERBY? I HOPE YES!
God bless AC MILAN
How much did you have to drink before you wrote that? :D

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo , Figo , Rivaldo , Zidane , Roberto Carlos , Kaka , Ronaldinho , Guti
Saturday night I'm going out for my buddies Birthday bash & of coarse were gonna dip into the pints .... This is where the problem lies 1: to trust my alarm clock or myself to even be Cohearent enough to wake up to it? Or option 2: pull and all nighter while spacing out the drinks? Im rolling with option 2! Option 1 has way to many downsides not to mention daylight savings this saturday I think the clocks go back.... or maybe forward LOL :tongue: Time to snap the serie A Unbeaten streak of Inter

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Just keep going on into the night man!

Wait til after the match then pass out/sleep for the rest of the day!

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
No Viera, no Cambiasso, we are in with a chance guys :) I believe Maicon also won't make it, so I think we'll be playing the usual 4-3-1-2, as there's no significant midfield threat we have to nullify. Also, Big B won't enjoy playing with a lone forward in a match as big as the derby.

It should be Ronnie-Gila up front, with Kaka as usual behind. I have a feeling all three will do well on sunday, especially Ronnie and Gila. I am going for a 2-3 win for us. Fingers crossed!

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
my prediction:Gattuso will break Materfuckingrazzi's neck.

and also: we will win this game,cos' last year when Inter lost to Valencia-they started to fucked up,right after that.

Ronaldo99 will show them suckers how to rock.

Forza Milan :devilfir:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Italian Tsar said:
No Viera, no Cambiasso, we are in with a chance guys :) I believe Maicon also won't make it, so I think we'll be playing the usual 4-3-1-2, as there's no significant midfield threat we have to nullify. Also, Big B won't enjoy playing with a lone forward in a match as big as the derby.

It should be Ronnie-Gila up front, with Kaka as usual behind. I have a feeling all three will do well on sunday, especially Ronnie and Gila. I am going for a 2-3 win for us. Fingers crossed!
Maicon is suspended so he will definetly not make it. Anyway this is the time to make a message clear. They don't have a decent DM so Gattuso should take out the midfield by himself. Thier mentlity is heavily suffered too since they just fell out of CL and they have no competition in Serie A. We have to hammer them so bad they'l be ashamed of the scudetto badge on their shirt. I'm totally in for Ronnie-Gila upfront cause Oli has been very dissapointing when a game needs spirit. Gila has always shown his dedication and managed to bag one last Derby.

The defense is a question however. What's the situation with Nesta and Serginho? Wouldn't want to play them since they've been off so long. Bonera at central-defense would also be a questionmark as to perform on a derby you need more than skills, specially if you're covering Ibra. Maldini is a question since his training through pain. Jankulovski is a question since he was miserable the 45 minutes he got the last time. Kaladze also hasn't been able to get the 1-2 matches to get the right feeling. Oddo is the only one I'm sure of. He knows exactly what you have to do when you got to a Derby since he's been tempered at Rome. His confidence vs Celtic reflected hunger to my eyes and thats what you need in these games. So as you can see my paranoid mynd is able to rely on only one defender. Damn. I better let go and just see the game.

bill0621

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Allow me to present the fastest defender ever:
1122qqwwee_y.gif

lol

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
^^ LMAO thats beautiful, shows inters guts and the guy is superman :eek: :eek:
LOL at kuzimoto's prediction :tongue: i honestly believe we are the better team, even if i forget that i'm a milanfan and juts look at this from a romafans side, or rbkfan's side :)

i wonder if they'll be pissed that we made it in UCL

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
crazymilangirl said:
i wonder if they'll be pissed that we made it in UCL
Ofcourse they're pissed. And they say that we're there since we had a favourable draw and all the *good teams* are out. Some of it is true but al in all it's still Loosertalking.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
Maicon is suspended so he will definetly not make it. Anyway this is the time to make a message clear. They don't have a decent DM so Gattuso should take out the midfield by himself. Thier mentlity is heavily suffered too since they just fell out of CL and they have no competition in Serie A. We have to hammer them so bad they'l be ashamed of the scudetto badge on their shirt. I'm totally in for Ronnie-Gila upfront cause Oli has been very dissapointing when a game needs spirit. Gila has always shown his dedication and managed to bag one last Derby.

The defense is a question however. What's the situation with Nesta and Serginho? Wouldn't want to play them since they've been off so long. Bonera at central-defense would also be a questionmark as to perform on a derby you need more than skills, specially if you're covering Ibra. Maldini is a question since his training through pain. Jankulovski is a question since he was miserable the 45 minutes he got the last time. Kaladze also hasn't been able to get the 1-2 matches to get the right feeling. Oddo is the only one I'm sure of. He knows exactly what you have to do when you got to a Derby since he's been tempered at Rome. His confidence vs Celtic reflected hunger to my eyes and thats what you need in these games. So as you can see my paranoid mynd is able to rely on only one defender. Damn. I better let go and just see the game.
Sandro and Serginho are still out - at least, that's what C4 says. They don't look as if they'll make the squad. But I reckon we'll have Maldini and Bonera in CD, and I am not sure if Capitano can cope. Kala is also supposedly out, so I'd rather have Simic-Bonera.

Oddo as you said looks ready, and will be keen to make his presence felt. I think we can safely say that he won't be as tense as he was in his first CL game, having seen quite a few Rome derbies. Inter have Dacourt and I have to say that though he's underrated, he's still not such a big threat. Should our MF perform to its potential, we should be able to deal with this game rather easily. But we should've to watch out for that Stankovic guy. He's having one of his best - if not the best - seasons in Serie A.

Ibra, of course, is Ibra. I can only gape in awe at what the guy can do when permitted to do what he wants. He really is in the wrong shirt. But it seems Crespo and Adriano won't make it either, so we could certainly go for a thumping win.

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
bonera must play, maldini i want him too play but sometimes he tries too much and gets caught out like against celtic i'd rarther him just "if in doubt put it out" oddo and jaku as full-backs.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Jasper said:

I don't quite agree on all this, but you have some good points in your interesting post.

Bonera is crappy, he ain't Milan material - so I'd rather field Maldini - Simic in the heart of our defense. Jankulovski sucked during the last derby, but he's in fine form so he should be OK this time.
Oddo is like you said, our most reliable defender.

Maldini should play, his presence at the pitch is more then enough to strike fear into Inter's players and give some much needed confidence to our players. We'll need Il Capitano's experience if we want to stop the impressive Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Italian Tsar said:
Sandro and Serginho are still out - at least, that's what C4 says. They don't look as if they'll make the squad. But I reckon we'll have Maldini and Bonera in CD, and I am not sure if Capitano can cope. Kala is also supposedly out, so I'd rather have Simic-Bonera.

Oddo as you said looks ready, and will be keen to make his presence felt. I think we can safely say that he won't be as tense as he was in his first CL game, having seen quite a few Rome derbies. Inter have Dacourt and I have to say that though he's underrated, he's still not such a big threat. Should our MF perform to its potential, we should be able to deal with this game rather easily. But we should've to watch out for that Stankovic guy. He's having one of his best - if not the best - seasons in Serie A.

Ibra, of course, is Ibra. I can only gape in awe at what the guy can do when permitted to do what he wants. He really is in the wrong shirt. But it seems Crespo and Adriano won't make it either, so we could certainly go for a thumping win.

I think you've already forgotten that we played 120+ min's vs Celtic on Wednesday while Inter played 90 on Tuesday...

With all due respect, your post seems way overconfident, I really doubt that we'll manage to beat Inter that easy. It's also worth mentioning that most of the fans at San Siro will be Inter's, they can give 'em loads of extra guts and energy.

And if Adriano and Crespo are out, they certainly have Recoba and Cruzito as back-ups, two very solid strikers with great skills.

I'd like to see us play with two strikers, Ronaldo is certainly one of 'em, the other should be either R.Oliveira or Gilardino, I guess Pippo is exhausted.

------------Dida------------------
Oddo---Simic--Maldini---Jankulovski
------------Pirlo------------------
--Gattuso---Kaka---Seedorf-------
------Ronaldo---Oli/Gila-----------

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Velez Mostar said:
I guess Pippo is exhausted.
Well Pippo did playe only 72 minutes on Wednesday so he shouldn't be completely exhausted. About Janku...he was good before the last Derby too according to my memory, but maybe I recall it wrong. Brocchi in the line-up would add some spirit to the side. After all he has commented Inter a lot like following:"A year in that shirt has been enough for me in order to understand to have wasted many years of my life."

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
This is it. The last chance to at least salvage some lost pride and get our heads high for the rest of the season. Inter and Nike is currently planning where the scudetto logo will be placed in their next season's jersey but we can at least get the drubbing right as being the only team who can beat Inter (I just don't see other teams doing it).

Inter is probably at their all time low this season after the Valencia lost and ensuing fracas. I guess all agree that this is equally dangerous since what's a better way to forget the lost than thumping a relatively weak Milan side? But then again, this is the Milan derby and we've seen strange things, as if the 1st game didn't give you enough hint how morale and spirit can change the course of the game.

Viera, Adriano and Cambiasso are out. So is Burdisso with his broken nose :D.

Dida - Oddo - Bonera - Maldini - Jankulovksi
Pirlo - Gattuso - Seedorf - Kaka
Pippo - Ronaldo

My worries : Bonera being out witted by Ibrahimoshit. I was hoping Gourcuff would also play but I guess he won't take the physical abuse that Inter players will surely dish out to him, along with his high temper Seedorf is better suited. Last worry : how Inter players would eagerly convey how their fans feel about Ronaldo crossing sides.

Score : anything as long as we win. But objectively - IMO - a draw is looming.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Velez Mostar said:
I think you've already forgotten that we played 120+ min's vs Celtic on Wednesday while Inter played 90 on Tuesday...

With all due respect, your post seems way overconfident, I really doubt that we'll manage to beat Inter that easy. It's also worth mentioning that most of the fans at San Siro will be Inter's, they can give 'em loads of extra guts and energy.

And if Adriano and Crespo are out, they certainly have Recoba and Cruzito as back-ups, two very solid strikers with great skills.

I'd like to see us play with two strikers, Ronaldo is certainly one of 'em, the other should be either R.Oliveira or Gilardino, I guess Pippo is exhausted.

------------Dida------------------
Oddo---Simic--Maldini---Jankulovski
------------Pirlo------------------
--Gattuso---Kaka---Seedorf-------
------Ronaldo---Oli/Gila-----------
We did play longer than Inter but the important thing is we were through and they got eliminated. I think we all agree that Inter have a monstrous squad this season, and they had the best chance to have a crack at the CL in years this season - and Inter know it. Next year, we'll be stronger, hopefully Roma will be much stronger and Juve will be back - that means they won't have it so easy on the domestic front.

And in Europe, Barca will rebuild - they're already looking for a world class defensive midfielder if reports are true - Real will also buy mega, Bayern will be better, Chelski and Liverpool even better, and so on. Inter had a real chance this term and they blew it, like only they can. A couple of months back, my friends and myself were discussing animatedly about the potential winner of this year's CL. I foolishly put my money on Inter :D

Stankovic is a great talent, but where else is the muscle in Inter's midfield if you take out Viera and Cambiasso? Figo can have an inspired day, but he can be contained. Dacourt, as I said, shouldn't pose much of a problem too. The key will be tapping Stankovic and frustrating Ibra. And yes, marking Materazzi during set pieces.

Accoriding to Gazetta Recoba won't make the squad, while Adriano and Crespo make the bench. Not sure which to believe...

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/prob_form/28_giornata.shtml

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
I dont know if you guys remmeber but in the first game Milan suffered a lot on set pieces.Crespo scored with a header and Matarazzi also scored one from a corner kick....So in this game I would opt for a more solid defence...
______________Dida_______________

__Oddo____Bonera___Maldini___Kaladze

_____________Pirlo_________________

__Gatusso___________________Marek__

______________Kaka________________

_________Ronaldo_______Gila_________

Marek had a poor game in the first derby,there was a lot of space on his left so I would switch him to midfield in this one and put Kaladze as LB
In the first game Milan were in terrible condition while now its a different situation.The moral is high in our group,we are playing better football and I have no doubt we will kick Inter's ass in this one :devilfir:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Good point on the setpieces. That's why I wouldn't mind Ambro in the lineup since he's arguably one of our best players in the air. I'm also up for a Gila-Ronaldo attack supported by Kaka'.

----------------- Dida

Oddo ----- Bonera --- Simic ------ Janku

------- Gattuso - Pirlo - Ambro

----------------- Kaka'

--------- Gila ----------- Ronaldo

If Kaladze or Maldini are fit to play, then they'd take Simic's place. As for Bonera's + Janku's derby experience ... well, they'll have to start somewhere.

dardar_3

Primavera
Reaction score
We should win the derby against Internationale.

Ronaldo will score and he will have a message for Inter's fans:

Enjoy the silence!

MILANO SIAMO NOI! :star: :star:

kakarulez

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think we should try this:
---------------dida----------------
oddo----bonera----maldini----janku
-------------gattuso--------------
gourcuff--------------------seedorf
---------------kaka---------------
------------oli-----ronaldo--------

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The next person I see with a gushing post about how Ronaldo is absolutely going to destroy Inter, I'm poking them in the eye. :tongue:

gaizka22 said:
My worries : Bonera being out witted by Ibrahimoshit.
Okay, I want to see how many colorful variations of Ibra's last name we can think of. Post away. :)

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
Forza Milan!! Come On U Can Do It!!

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
The next person I see with a gushing post about how Ronaldo is absolutely going to destroy Inter, I'm poking them in the eye. :tongue:

Okay, I want to see how many colorful variations of Ibra's last name we can think of. Post away. :)

only the bad names because so far this season hes been ibrakadabra and Interimovic.

Last edited:

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
kakarulez said:
I think we should try this:
---------------dida----------------
oddo----bonera----maldini----janku
-------------gattuso--------------
gourcuff--------------------seedorf
---------------kaka---------------
------------oli-----ronaldo--------
I'd also like to see us try that one day but sadly it will never happen with Ancelotti running things.

But if it did, gattuso would play on the right side and gourcuff in the middle. Gattuso is not a holding mid fielder like Pirlo who can play in the middle of the pitch but rather a winger, whihc allows him to run wild.
I've actually heard Gourcuff say that he likes to play in the middle of the pitch as a central mid fielder but with Pirlo so important to our tactics, Gourcuff never gets to play their.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
personally i don't think Maldini would be playin'... especially not after 120 minutes of football & havin' another game within 1 week... plus the fact he has been complainin' of pain in his knee...

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
^^ i fink you're right sadly! the man was playing great against celtic and he said that he has sum knee pains but they went away after the training session but still i dunno!

a very important question: IS NESTA PLAYING? (ok nobody knows), IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT NESTA WILL PLAY?

btw lmao @ " will we be playin at inter ot sansiro hopefully it's the sansiro, but you never know... and nice poll, who voted that we'd lose a heartbreaker? i cant say we'll lose...no matter how honest! it's inter against milan! :tongue: have sum faith people

:devil2: FORZA MILAN :devil2:

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazymilangirl said:
^^ i fink you're right sadly! the man was playing great against celtic and he said that he has sum knee pains but they went away after the training session but still i dunno!

a very important question: IS NESTA PLAYING? (ok nobody knows), IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT NESTA WILL PLAY?
btw lmao @ " will we be playin at inter ot sansiro hopefully it's the sansiro, but you never know... and nice poll, who voted that we'd lose a heartbreaker? i cant say we'll lose...no matter how honest! it's inter against milan! :tongue: have sum faith people

:devil2: FORZA MILAN :devil2:

nesta himself has said he is ready to play and he been putting in extra work in training, but the day he returned the physio said he needs 15 days and on sunday it will be 14 days so whos know but i reckon he will be in the squad.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Somebody voted for a defeat lol. My answer for "are we playing at inter or san siro" is we are playing both at inter and san siro ;) .

Schedule